Friday, July 20, 2007

Long time, no blog

(pictured left to right, fellow authors Kallie Owens, Calista Fox (aka Ava McKnight), Erin Grady, Rick Watkins (aka Terry Watkins) and Mary Leo at Thrillerfest in NYC.

I haven't posted in too long, but it's not because I haven't had alot to say, it's just that there hasn't been the time.

Last week I was at Thrillerfest--great time, although the conference wasn't what I'd hoped for. Being in NYC, I'd hoped to network with publishing professionals as well as with other writers. Unfortunately, the set up wasn't conducive to networking. Published authors were identified on their badges, but agents and editors were not. Perhaps they wished to remain disguised, but in the past when I've spoken to them at conferences they usually say the opposite--they are there to meet people and network too.

Anyway, I'm in the heated revisions of my book so I have been very focused and hording every free moment. Translate: no blogging, no talking on the phone, no updating website, minimal email--you get the picture. Speaking of pictures...here's one from NYC. We're in a bar that made the most incredible raspberry and pomegranate martinis. I think I was drunk every night and hung over ever morning. But it was a grand time. :-)

No comments: