Friday, January 26, 2007

San Diego

I'm in San Diego right now at the SDSU Writers Conference. It starts tonight and should be a terrific one. I help with the conference by scheduling all of the appointments for editors and agents. It's fun and I love it when participants talk to me afterwards and tell me that they had a great meeting.

My daughter is coming this year for her first ever conference. She's 15 and has written a novella which is really good. I'm sure she's going to get a billion dollar book deal, appear on Oprah and all that and I will forever be known as Hailey's mom, who writes too. :-) There are worse things, right? :-)

Anyway, I will check in later. Happy Friday.

2 comments:

Heather Harper said...

Have a great weekend, Erin!

Erin Quinn said...

Thanks, Heather. it's always a good place to recharge. Nothing like being in a room full of 400 writers to spark an idea. Sometimes you can get a buzz off the air!