Saturday, April 14, 2007

It's all good....

Well I've been negligent in my posts of late, but I can't say I'm sorry about it only because I've been working so hard on my new book. Friends, I have to tell you, I haven't been this excited about something I'm writing in a long time. I am absolutely in love with my hero, Sean, who I'm sleeping with quite a bit these days. (don't tell my husband, okay). And the research I'm doing is so interesting.

I've been wrapped around the business end of writing for about a year now and I finally managed to push back from that table and return to the part I love. There's nothing quite like that feeling of capturing an image or an emotion and find the exact words to convey it. I feel like I'm channeling the characters in Everything She Wished For and it's the most amazing experience.

The only thing slowing me down is a new addition to our family...no, I didn't have a baby. But we did bring home a puppy the other night. She's a doll, but oh does she demand a lot of attention. Sigh.

I've come to accept that life is never going to slow down in my house.

No comments: