Thursday, December 27, 2007

The final hours...

Wow--I just can't believe the year has come to an end. It has been a roller coaster ride for me and a year of soul searching and discovery. I've learned that I have a lot more grit than I ever thought I did and that I can bend...and bend...and bend without snapping. I've learned that I've been burning the candle at both ends for too long and that I need a break. I desperately need a break. Lucky for me one is coming. I'll be on sabbatical beginning in late February for 8 weeks. I've learned that sooner or later, you just gotta take that nap. :-)

Next month is the sdsu writers conference. It's always an exciting time for me and I'm looking forward to it this year more than I have in a long time.

One of my new year's resolutions it to be more regular with my blog. I hope to have more time for all of the little things in 2008.

Hope the holidays were grand and the new year even grander. :-)

Erin

2 comments:

Carey Baldwin said...

Happy New Year, Erin. Enjoy your sabbatical!

Erin Quinn said...

8 weeks and counting to sabbatical. I can't wait! I know they will fly by because they are going to work me like a dog before they let me go, but still...looking forward to it!

Thanks and happy new year to you as well.