Sunday, May 21, 2006

RT Fun

Well, just got back from the Romantic Times Book Convention at Daytona Beach. Wow, what an experience. It was my first time there and I was blown away. I'm used to RWA Nationals which are always a lot of fun, but they are nothing like RT. The parties, lord, the parties. I didn't get there until Thursday night, but just in time for the vampire and pirate party. Drank and danced until one in the morning. Friday, guess what, more of the same. Went to the Fairy Ball as Brit Blaise's guest. I got to meet Billie Jo from Romance Junkies and Melissa from Joyfully reviewed and that was awesome! I wanted to kiss them both but didn't want to freak them out.

Then Saturday was the all day booksigning. (at least it felt like all day because they didn't feed us and the room was freezing.) I signed copies of Whispers and Echoes and met lots of readers. It was so cool. Then MacKenzie Mckade, me, Sylvia Day and Shelly Bradley all went out for a late lunch early dinner. Margaritas and talk about manly reactions had us giggling all the way to the Mr. Romance contest (where the men were not nearly naked enough for our tastes. ha ha) Then it was on to the Dorchester party which was much fun. But alas, the morning flights came very early. I was up at 5:30 making the drive from Daytona to Orlando for my flight. Arrived back at Arizona this afteroon. I feel like i crammed a week into a few short days.

But it was so much fun!

To all the readers I had the pleasure of meeting this weekend--you made it all worthwhile. Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement.

No comments: