Sunday, December 10, 2006

Count down


I am almost done with my Christmas shopping! Isn't that unbelievable? I know there are a lot of you out there who are organized and get it all done in October or something like that. But me--I'm always down to the wire.

But this year, not a problem. My girls give me detailed lists, complete with product numbers and web sites so I order a lot of my stuff online. My hubands is a sports fan and his favorite teams are the Chargers and Padres (San Diego, where we used to live and where he was born and raised). Websites again.

The only one who is stumping me is my mom. She is so hard to buy for, probably because she has everything. No, wait. She has two of everything. It's crazy.

Anyway, I'm happy with my progress. Now if I could just write the dreaded Christmas letter. I always put it to a song and this year I'm out of tunes and out of ideas. Sigh.

On a happier note, I'm reading a fabulous book. The Thirteenth Tale. Love it. It has the richness and texture that I love in a book. I am about 3/4 through and I'm praying she resolves it with as much finesse as she'd told it with so far. I read The Historian earlier this year and was engrossed in it and thought it deserved all the hype it got right up until Dracula's library. Sigh. How did that happen.

For anyone out there like me who listens to audio books, 13th tale has awesome readers.

No comments: