Okay, here we go:
- I sat in the gas chamber at Florence penitentiary and lived to tell about. I was on a tour of the prison and when they asked who wanted to, I was one of the only people to raise my hand. I thought, how many people can say they sat here (after they sat there?). It was a weird, creepy experience but it comes in handy for things like this.
- I was born in Independence Missouri, home of Harry S. Truman. Small town girl to my heart, even though we moved when i was young and I've never lived in a small town. I always have that yearning.
- I started my first book when I was twelve. I stumbled across the hundred pages I'd typed (yes TYPED on an electric typewriter that never made a decent "e") and I thought, huh, not bad for a 12 year old who couldn't spell.
- I almost didn't graduate from HS because I never went to class. I still have nightmares about walking into Math and realizing there's a test that day and I haven't been for weeks so I don't know any of the answers. I actually thought I wasn't very smart for a long time after high school. It took me years to get up the nerve to try college. I'm doing that now and have discovered that if you go to class, you usually know the answers to the questions on the test. I take great pride in my 3.9 gpa.
- I don't write everyday. I envy those who do, but I have a full time job so I have to cram my writing into three days that I have off. My life with my kids and hubby are just too busy to try to do it after work. Plus my job is very stressful and I don't have the brain power by the end of the day.
- Hmmm.... I met my husband at work right after I moved from Denver to San Diego. I was a receptionist at an electronic rental company and he worked in the lab. (They rented test equipment). He pulled up in a white convertible and I thought, Damn who is that sexy Spanish guy in the porche? It turned out he was a Mexican in a VW karman gia, (sp?) but the sexy part was for real. We still laugh about that. We've been married for 19 years!
- Uhh...this is getting harder. I discovered recently that I'm an introvert. I say discovered because I never new it. Sure I knew that in social situations I'm the person who stands in the corner wishing I had something to say but talking to no one. Usually I end up spilling something on my blouse and slinking home embarrassed and frustrated. But it wasn't until I had a personality test done that the word introvert came into play. Realizing that I was an introvert was a big revelation. Somehow it makes me feel better about being so uncomfortable in those settings. I'm married to the biggest extrovert in the world. We always joke that he makes the friends we have, but I'm the one who keeps them--because sooner or later my extrovert husband is going to say something to piss you off. It's a given.
- I have a total "older woman" crush on Leonardo DiCaprio. I think I would be tempted to be his love slave if he should ever start desiring overweight 40+ women. :-)
Okay, here's who I'm tagging: