Wednesday, March 29, 2006

True Confessions

You know what my most favorite thing to do is? Go to the movies alone. I love to go all by myself, get candy (at Walgreens, cuz it's cheaper), a big thing of popcorn and/or nachos, gigantic diet Pepsi (to counteract the calories from said candy and popcorn and nachos, of course) and sit in the movies with no body talking to me, asking me what so-and-so just said or what's happening even though they're watching the same movie at the same time and know just as much as I do.

I remember when I was in my twenties, the thought of going to the movies alone was right up there with tooth extraction. My how we change over the years.

Counting down to Whispers. I sent out a note to readers who have contacted me over the past year about Echoes or who have entered my contest. I was braced for nasty "don't bug me ever again" emails. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised by the nice responses I got. Some people actually thanked me for letting them know. How about that? If you're one of those nice people, thank you. I promise not to overwhelm you with emails. :-)

Gotta go pick my kid up from La Crosse practice. Later!

1 comment:

Kay said...

I know exactly what you mean. Going to the movies solo was about as attractive as going to eat in a restaurant by myself when I was in my 20's. Luckily the 30's found me savoring my time alone and leaving behind the thought that watching a movie or eating a meal by myself was somehow a huge negative mark against me.